Friday, July 25, 2014
I am so excited to be a part of the Disney Mom Ambassador program! Our first box of beautiful Disney Baby products arrived recently, and they are going to make a lovely gift for somebody. Here's a look at the products.
Looking back to when my daughter was born, I remember spending hours scouring pics online, looking at products and deciding how I was going to decorate the nursery. I remember being 6 months pregnant and bursting into tears (thanks crazy hormones!) to my husband because we hadn't started on her room just yet. I wanted it done! And I know a lot of other Moms are the same way.
We painted my daughter's room a beautiful shade of green, because I hoped that she'd have a sibling one day and they would end up sharing for a while. I loved the colour, I loved everything about it. When we sold our house, the only thing that made me sad was saying goodbye to my kid's beautiful bedroom - and all the amazing memories and milestones that went along with it.
Here's what it looked like before the Little Miss was born, in its "not quite finished" state:
5 Tips for Decorating Baby's Room
1) Choose a style that’s unique to baby! If you give yourself a focus, it’s much easier to create a cohesive design. You could start with some fun wall art as an inspiration and use that to determine your colour scheme. Or pick some bedding you love and build the room around that. This Lion King bedding set has lots of fun, neutral colours and patterns to draw from.
2) Create a nifty-nursing station. Set up a table near a comfy chair, and keep it stocked with necessary supplies like baby-safe hand sanitizer, nursing pads, nipple cream, burp cloths and paper towels. Receiving blankets like this Winnie the Pooh set are always great to have on hand – they can be used as burp cloths, coverlets, and to keep your baby warm.
3) Get creative with storage. With a new baby occupying a room, storage may be limited, so get creative. Add a cute bed skirt to your crib which allows you to hide boxes or supplies. Or buy a multi-bin organizer, so you can store books, toys, and clothes in one convenient location.
4) Set the mood with lighting. The nursery should be a soothing space where your baby can fall asleep easily. Try putting your overhead light on a dimmer, or buying some small accent lamps to minimize harsh lighting. This Winnie the Pooh night light is another great way to provide safety and comfort – especially during late-night feedings.
5) Leave Room to Grow – because they will! Remember that your baby won’t be a baby forever. It’s helpful to choose decorations that are easy to update or change as your baby grows up, so your baby’s room can grow up too. Wall Decals are detachable, reusable and they won’t harm your walls – you can remove or replace them if you’d like a change.
Do you have any advice for new parents setting up a nursery? Share them in the comments below!
Thursday, July 24, 2014
The Imagination Movers: Back in Blue tour is coming to a city near you, and I have some amazing prizes to giveaway!
About the show:
This fall, Disney Junior and the Emmy Award-winning Imagination Movers will bring a thrilling rock concert spectacle to kids and parents across Canada. Stopping in 16 cities from coast to coast, the Imagination Movers ‘Back in Blue’ Tour kicks off in the west on Saturday, Sept. 13 in Victoria, BC, and concludes on the east coast on Thursday, Oct. 2 in Glace Bay, NS. The fun-filled show features the Movers’ trademark catchy pop rock, lots of audience participation, an insane number of high fives and even a healthy dose of flying toilet paper. There will be guitar solos, drum solos, corny jokes and even an appearance by the Movers’ little buddy, Warehouse Mouse. Tickets are currently available for purchase online through DisneyJunior.ca.
My kids love the Movers! We've been big fans for a long time - their silly energy is infectious and we love dancing along with them when we watch the show. Can't wait to see them live!
Would you like to join the party?! I have 2 incredible prize packs to give away!
FAMILY TICKET PRIZE PACK - One set of 4 tickets, and an autographed 8x10 to be picked up at will call.
The contest is open to residents of Canada. Ticket winner may choose from the following cities:
|Moose Jaw SK|
|Thunder Bay, MB|
|Sudbury ON (4:30p show only)|
|Glace Bay NS|
Contest ends on August 4th, 2014. I will draw 2 winners, the first being for the tickets and the second for the bundle pack. Enter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
It seems that more and more people in Winnipeg are turning to a gluten free diet as a means of improving the way they feel. While many companies are catching on to the current trend and offering gluten free products, I've come across several friends and family who are on the hunt for good, wholesome gluten free alternatives to crackers, chips, breads and more.
While I'm a straight up carb lover (I won't lie, I can pack away a good chunk of homemade french garlic bread more often than I should!) I do like to have gluten-free options stocked in my pantry that are yummy for everyone, for when we have visitors. So when we were given the opportunity to try Thornhill Farms Rice Bites and Cracker Chips, I was all over it.
The snacks come in a variety of flavours, like Applewood Smokey BBQ, Cheddar Cheese, Sea Salt & Vinegar and my personal fave Cracked Black Pepper and Lime. All of these are certified gluten-free and they are so good! They have a non-bland, really crispy texture that works for everyone.
Check out Thornhill Farms Foods to find out more about the individual products and where to purchase them.